What is World Vision? World Vision is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to work with the poor and oppressed, to promote human development. Because our mission is to help the poorest of the poor we do not make a distinction between faiths. Following the lesson of the Good Samaritan, we believe neighbour is defined by need, not faith or geography.
W.V. believes that all people of faith should be able to worship in peace and security, and calls on all governments to protect their faith communities. We call on people of all faiths to rise above indifference, prejudice and hate. And we pray that, in solidarity, people will come to the aid of all innocent victims of abuse, war, hunger, disaster, terrorism and disease.
W.V. pursue our mission through an integrated, holistic commitment to:
- Transformational development that is community-based and sustainable, focused especially on the needs of children
- Emergency relief that assists people afflicted by conflict or disaster
- Promotion of justice that seeks to change unjust structures affecting the poor among whom we work
- Partnerships with churches to contribute to spiritual and social transformation
- Public awareness that leads to informed understanding, giving, involvement and prayer
- Witness to Jesus Christ by life, deed, word and sign that encourages people to respond to the Gospel
Why does XTOLZ donate to a New Zealand charity? Although all XTOLZ products are shipped from the US, Terry Novich - the designer of XTOLZ artwork and website - lives in New Zealand, so it's easies to donate to the NZ site. World Vision (as the name suggests) works worldwide where needed most, and is committed to sending as much money as possible overseas, and tries to keep the cost of administration and marketing to a minimum. Over the last five years an average of 79.6% of the money received by World Vision has gone to fund development work overseas.